XTX50 DS4 Octo Offer
For a limited time claim a free XTX40 Octo when bought in this package so grab yourself a bargain and a great set of regulators before time runs out.
The Apeks XTX50 DS4 Regulator is a cold water regulator made to be simple and efficient and work in colder waters. The compact 1st stage is environmentally sealed and used all around the world by high-level divers because of its reliability.
The XTX 50 2nd stage is a lightweight polymer body that has a reversible design which can change from a left hand to a right-hand configuration and back again easily by an Apeks technician.
Both a Venturi Lever and Breathing Adjustment left you control air flow by interrupting free-flows before they occur and customise the breathing effort of the 2nd stage while in the water.
The DS4 is a compact over-balanced 1st stage that is at home in both cold and warm water. Stripped down the DS4 has four low-pressure ports and one high-pressure port making it great for a single cylinder setup or for twins or a stage cylinder.
This compact first stage has four medium-pressure ports and one high-pressure port.
Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
Can be converted from a right handed hose configuration to a left-handed one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is both quick and simple. However, this procedure must ONLY be performed by an APEKS Authorised Service Technician
Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter weight, more flexible and more durable.
Suitable for coldwater use (below 10°C / 50°F).
- DS4 first stage - no rotating turret.
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all moulded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water
Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
Number of HP ports 1 (7/16" UNF)
Number of MP ports 4 (3/8" UNF)
Environmental Dry Kit Standard
First stage exterior Chrome over marine brass
Orientation Convertible LH or RH
Opening Effort Control Knob
Integrated Venturi Lever
Exhaust tee Diver Changeable
Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard UK delivery is £3.95 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch. Order by 3pm on a working weekday and we will aim to despatch the same day.
Next Working Day for the UK is £6.95.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with any product purchased from Simply Scuba.
However, you can return it for any reason within 28 days from the date of despatch for a full refund (less postage costs).
Royal Mail tracked return option within the UK for your convenience.