Nice Suunto Computer
The EON core is the latest Suunto colour screened model. Screen is sharp and layout can be customised to show elements you are interested in (good) and can have as much or as little data as you wish depending on your preference regarding size of figures. One point on this, in bright sunlight even in the UK, you will really need to run full brightness and this will reduce battery life to no more than 15 hours.
Customisation is done with DM5 on Mac/PC only. You cannot do this on the Movescount app.
This is a gas switching computer supporting plenty of gasses, Nitrox/Trimix. DM5 to enable /disable trimix for example.
Things possibly to note:
- If you are doing say 26% back gas and 50% deco, the ascent time includes the use of the 50%, NOT the ascent time for the gas you are on and then when you switch shortening stops.
- Gas switch is easy enough, but pressing the button does not instantly switch when it says change gas if you program two, you have to enter the menu and choose select for the gas you want - you might have 3 or 4 you see (well I guess that is why).
- The plan function cannot plan for the deco gas, only standard single gas diving (this seems poor for a computer of this cost) - you have to use DM5 for this planning.
- charger cable is USB and of course custom and expensive
- Fused RGBM is notably LESS conservative by default than a Gallileo.
Nice computer, but possibly for the tech diver it lacks a little - but alot cheaper than OSTC/Shearwater etc.