Regulator Assembly and Testing
If you want Simply Scuba to assemble your new regulator you should purchase this service pack. One of our technicians will assemble your regulators to the manufacturer's recommendations (or to your specification, when our team are advised by e-mail or telephone with your order number) and give your regulators a full inspection to ensure proper functioning. Your regulator is assembled, inspected and cycled on our testing bench to ensure it is functioning correctly and is safe to use as soon as you receive it. The following multi-point check is completed:
- All of the first stage connections are checked to make sure they are attached to the correct torque;
- All of the hoses are fitted and checked for imperfections;
- Any pressure gauges are checked for correct functioning;
- The first stage interstage pressure is checked to make sure it is in the manufacturer's limits and adjusted if required;
- Any second stages are checked for correct balance and acceptable free-flows.
After Passing all of the tests, the Make, Model and Serial Number of each part of the regulator is noted in your complimetary Simply Scuba Regulator Owner's Guide & Service Log (which fits inside the Simply Scuba Log Book Binder for safe keeping (purchased separately) ). This is yours to keep as a record all of your regulator's details, as well as useful care information and pages to log when you service your regulators in future.
All Regulators should be assembled by a qualified technician as they are life support equipment that may need delicate adjusting and testing before being used in open water. Downstream regulators are a delicate balance between the first stage's interstage pressure and the second stage's cracking pressure.
Marine Grade Brass is used in nearly all regulators today and is quite a soft metal that can be damaged easily, especially the delicate threads when screwing in hoses, so it is best to avoid damage by having your regulators assembled by a qualified technician.
Balancing Regulators requires in-depth knowledge and specialist tools for the working mechanism of most regulators and specialist gauges. Many regulators can bed-in over time, where the seal loses its effectiveness, or the interstage pressure can creep up; requiring adjustment even out of the box.
Assembly - this package may be purchased when buying any first and second stage from Simply Scuba and includes fitting and adjustment of an alternate air source, gauges, transmitter, BCD or dry suit hoses - when all purchased together in one order.
* Please note: this is a bespoke service and as such is not refundable even if you return the goods to which this is applicable to.
Only applies to new regulators purchased from Simply Scuba.
The brand of the octopus chosen must match that of the first stage. If there are any compatibility issues you will be conacted before assembly.
If there are no specific fitting instructions the technician will assemble the regulators to a standard recreational configuration; Primary and Octo on the right side and gauges on the left. Some regulator 1st stages have limited options for configuration and be sure that the 1st stage you have chosen has the correct number of ports for all of your parts.
If you waould like a specific configuration then feel free to ask and email in your preferences and order number along with the following details so our technicians know exactly what you want:
- 1st stage inverted or not
- Primary 2nd stage position
- Alternate 2nd stage position
- BCD and Drysuit hose position
- SPG and transmitter position
- any replacement of hoses and the exact pairings you would like (please be aware that replacing some hoses with different brand hoses may void the manufacturers warranty in some cases)
BCD hoses, Drysuit hoses and Wireless transmitters can be fitted if bought with the regulator package.
We offer free standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard delivery is £3.70 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch.
Next Working Day is £6.50.