Sea Dragon Digital Underwater Flash
£430.00 RRP $508.00 Out Of StockPlease note: This item cannot be shipped outside the European Union - learn more
The SeaLife Sea Dragon Digital Underwater Flash (SL963) is a powerful yet compact flash that makes it easy to add light back into your images down to a depth of 60m. The flash is obviously designed to be used with the range of SeaLife underwater cameras but is also compatible with other brands of camera.
The flash has both manual variable power adjustment and also an Auto Mode that will automatically adjust the brightness for optimal exposure. The flash is supplied attached to a single arm tray that utilises the Flex-Connect quick release arm system that allows for quick removal and configuration.
The package includes the following:
- Sea Dragon Digital Underwater Flash head
- Flex-Connect Single Tray w/ standard ¼-20 mounting screw
- Flex-Connect grip
- Optical Cable and Universal Flash Link Adapter
- Spare O-rings, O-ring lubricant, O-ring removal tool
- Instruction manual
- Sea Dragon Case
- Universal - Works with SeaLife and other brands of underwater cameras
- Auto Mode automatically adjusts flash brightness for optimal image exposure
- Variable power adjustment allows user to manually fine-tune flash brightness for desired effect and image exposure
- Easy to expand with Flex-Connect™ trays, grip and Flex Arms
- Depth rated to 200 feet/60 meters
- Quick-release button to detach flash and aim in crevices and hard to reach areas
- Universal mount fits all SeaLife cameras and other brands of underwater cameras with standard tripod mount
- Auto Learn Mode easily syncs pre-flash with any digital camera
- Effective underwater distance range up to 8 feet/2.5 meters
- Approximately 150 flashes with 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Waterproof battery compartment
- Guide Number 20m full power/1.5m low power
- Power Adjustment Range 8% to 100% (In Auto or Manual Modes)
- Controls Power (On/Off), Test (Program), Brightness (Manual/Auto)
- Coverage Angle 80° horizontal x 60° vertical (100° with included diffuser)
- Color Temperature 5700 degrees Kelvin
- Power Source 4 AA batteries(NOT SUPPLIED) (NiMH recommended)
- Battery Life 150 flashes
- Recycle Time 1 second at < 1/2 power / 5 seconds at full power
- Buoyancy Negative
- Housing Material Fiber-reinforced polycarbonate
- Hardware Marine grade stainless steel
- O-ring Material Dual NBR o-rings (lube included)
- Weight 18 ounces (509 grams), head with batteries
- Dimensions Head: 5"(12.7cm) x 4.5" (11.4cm) x 2.5" (6.4cm)
SeaLife Sea Dragon Digital Underwater Flash - Features
|Battery Level Indicator|
?Whether the torch has a built-in battery level indicator. Close.
?Narrow beams are great for cutting through low visibility, helping a diver to see further without creating backscatter from the light reflecting off particles in the water. Narrow beams are able to penetrate further and are ideal for looking in openings or under rocks
Wide angle beams are best for good visibility and spread the light over a larger area. A larger lit area means that the torch does not have to be continuous moved and are particularly effective on night dives Close.
?Advances in bulb technology has created a number of different options for light source, each with their own advantages and disadvantage:
Halogen & Xenon - The oldest technology, a spring like filament that glows white hot then electricity is passed through it, producing light. Later filament bulbs are filled with Xenon to produce a more intense and brighter light.
HID - High Intensity Discharge lights have a capsule of gas instead of the tungsten filament. HID bulbs typically produce more light at a lower temperature and are significantly more efficient as they produce a lot less heat and require less energy to maintain the light level.
LED - unlike ordinary incandescent bulbs, Light Emitting Diodes don't have a filament that will burn out, and they don't get especially hot. They are illuminated solely by the movement of electrons in a semiconductor material. An LED is a lot more efficient than a filament bulb and also a lot more durable than both filament and HID bulbs. Close.
|Burn Time at Max (Mins)|
?The length of time that the torch will provide light at 100% power. Close.
|Lumens at Max|
?The torch lumen output at 100% power. Close.
|Maximum Depth (m)|
?The maximum depth that the torch has been rated to by the manufacturer Close.
?Whether the torch is supplied with a rechargeable battery and charger or whether it runs off standard batteries. Close.
?There are a number of different switch types available.
Manual switches physically complete the circuit by moving the contacts inside the torch. This type of switch passes through the body of the torch which adds a possible point of failure but are signifcantly cheaper to produce.
Twist caps are very common. The diver simply twists the bottom cap or head unit to complete or break the circuit. Twist caps usually have a double o-ring to protect the battery and electronics from damage. The disadvantage of a twist cap is that if the diver was to unscrew the cap too much when turn off the torch there is a very small risk that the torch could flood
Magnetic switches are becoming more popular as they do not need to pass through the body of the torch and instead use magnets to operate the torch. This eliminates any potential flood risks resulting from a failing switch.
Kinetic torches are controlled by motion and are the most water tight solution. Close.
|Torch Body Material|
?The material that the main body of the torch is made from.
Plastic will produce a typically lighter torch but a torch made of aluminium will be stronger and more robust due to the density of the material. Close.
?Whether the entire torch (including batteries) is held in the hand or whether the light unit is connected via an umbilical cable to a seperate battery unit for extra capacity and burntime.
Photo / Video Lights have an even beam that floods the scene with light with no hard edges or hotspots so it doesn't look odd or stand out in your pictures.
Ultra Violet Lights use a specific wavelength of blue light, not usually Ultra Violet, that excite certain parts of animals that cause them to glow and fluoresce showing unusual patterns that the naked eye cannot see. Close.
?Whether the torch offers multiple power levels other than the standard on and off. Close.
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard UK delivery is £3.95 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch. Order by 3pm on a working weekday and we will aim to despatch the same day.
Next Working Day for the UK is £6.95.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with any product purchased from Simply Scuba.
However, you can return it for any reason within 28 days from the date of despatch for a full refund (less postage costs).
Royal Mail tracked return option within the UK for your convenience.