Sea Dragon Digital Underwater Flash
£326.00 RRP £395.00 Out Of StockPlease note: This item cannot be shipped outside the European Union - learn more
The SeaLife Sea Dragon Digital Underwater Flash (SL963) is a powerful yet compact flash that makes it easy to add light back into your images down to a depth of 60m. The flash is obviously designed to be used with the range of SeaLife underwater cameras but is also compatible with other brands of camera.
The flash has both manual variable power adjustment and also an Auto Mode that will automatically adjust the brightness for optimal exposure. The flash is supplied attached to a single arm tray that utilises the Flex-Connect quick release arm system that allows for quick removal and configuration.
The package includes the following:
- Sea Dragon Digital Underwater Flash head
- Flex-Connect Single Tray w/ standard ¼-20 mounting screw
- Flex-Connect grip
- Optical Cable and Universal Flash Link Adapter
- Spare O-rings, O-ring lubricant, O-ring removal tool
- Instruction manual
- Sea Dragon Case
- Universal - Works with SeaLife and other brands of underwater cameras
- Auto Mode automatically adjusts flash brightness for optimal image exposure
- Variable power adjustment allows user to manually fine-tune flash brightness for desired effect and image exposure
- Easy to expand with Flex-Connect™ trays, grip and Flex Arms
- Depth rated to 200 feet/60 meters
- Quick-release button to detach flash and aim in crevices and hard to reach areas
- Universal mount fits all SeaLife cameras and other brands of underwater cameras with standard tripod mount
- Auto Learn Mode easily syncs pre-flash with any digital camera
- Effective underwater distance range up to 8 feet/2.5 meters
- Approximately 150 flashes with 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Waterproof battery compartment
- Guide Number 20m full power/1.5m low power
- Power Adjustment Range 8% to 100% (In Auto or Manual Modes)
- Controls Power (On/Off), Test (Program), Brightness (Manual/Auto)
- Coverage Angle 80° horizontal x 60° vertical (100° with included diffuser)
- Color Temperature 5700 degrees Kelvin
- Power Source 4 AA batteries(NOT SUPPLIED) (NiMH recommended)
- Battery Life 150 flashes
- Recycle Time 1 second at < 1/2 power / 5 seconds at full power
- Buoyancy Negative
- Housing Material Fiber-reinforced polycarbonate
- Hardware Marine grade stainless steel
- O-ring Material Dual NBR o-rings (lube included)
- Weight 18 ounces (509 grams), head with batteries
- Dimensions Head: 5"(12.7cm) x 4.5" (11.4cm) x 2.5" (6.4cm)
SeaLife Sea Dragon Digital Underwater Flash - Features
|Battery Level Indicator|
?Some torches come fitted with a battery level indicator so you know how much power you have left. Most are a colour coded light that gives you a rough idea of how much power you have left but some will estimate your remaining time in minutes.Close
?Torches require a power source and either have a built in rechargeable battery, removable rechargeable battery or a standard size disposable battery.Close
?Narrow beams are great for cutting through low visibility, helping a diver to see further without creating backscatter from the light reflecting off particles in the water. Narrow beams are able to penetrate further and are ideal for looking in openings or under rocks Wide angle beams are best for good visibility and spread the light over a larger area. A larger lit area means that the torch does not have to be continuous moved and are particularly effective on night divesClose
?Advances in bulb technology has created a number of different options for light source, each with their own advantages and disadvantage but most today are LEDs. LED - unlike ordinary incandescent bulbs, Light Emitting Diodes don't have a filament that will burn out, and they don't get especially hot. They are illuminated solely by the movement of electrons in a semiconductor material. An LED is a lot more efficient than a filament bulb and also a lot more durable than both filament and HID bulbs.Close
?If measured, the buoyancy of the torch is how positive or negatively buoyant the torch is in water. Usually measured in fresh water, knowing the buoyancy of your torch can help with your overall buoyancy and weighting so you can be better neutrally buoyant when diving. Measured in GramsClose
|Max Burn Time (mins)|
?The length of time that the torch will provide light at 100% powerClose
|Max Depth (m)|
?The maximum depth that the torch has been rated to by the manufacturerClose
|Max Output (lumens)|
?The maximum brightness of light the torch can produce at its highest setting.Close
?There are a number of different switch types available. Push buttons require the diver to depress a button to activate the torch and change power settings. Many use a magnet on the outside of the body so that no part goes through the body itself but some still do with seals to prevent water ingress. Twist ends, collars and heads are very common. The diver simply twists the bottom cap or head unit to complete or break the circuit. Twist caps usually have a double o-ring to protect the battery and electronics from damage. The disadvantage of a twist cap is that if the diver was to unscrew the cap too much, there is a risk that the torch could flood. The O-Rings also wear with use so prolonged use can result in flooding. Kinetic torches are controlled by motion and are the most water tight solution.Close
?Torches are usually either a polymer or anodised aluminium for corrosion resistance. Plastic parts are cheaper but more fragile to damage.Close
?Whether the entire torch (including batteries) is held in the hand or whether the light unit is connected via an umbilical cable to a seperate battery unit for extra capacity and burntime. Photo / Video Lights have an even beam that floods the scene with light with no hard edges or hotspots so it doesn't look odd or stand out in your pictures. Ultra Violet Lights use a specific wavelength of blue light, not usually Ultra Violet, that excite certain parts of animals that cause them to glow and fluoresce showing unusual patterns that the naked eye cannot seeClose
?Whether the torch offers multiple power levels other than the standard on and off.Close
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard UK delivery is £3.95 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch. Order by 3pm on a working weekday and we will aim to despatch the same day.
Next Working Day for the UK is £6.95.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with any product purchased from Simply Scuba.
However, you can return it for any reason within 28 days from the date of despatch for a full refund (less postage costs).
Royal Mail tracked return option within the UK for your convenience.