Sea Dragon 2300 Photo-Video Light
£389.00 RRP £409.00 In StockPlease note: This item cannot be shipped outside the United Kingdom
The SeaLife SeaDragon 2300 Auto Light is a smart photo-video light that a built in light sensor to adjust and turn off automatically. Powerful the 2300 produces 2300 true lumens in a seamless wide 100° beam. Six CREE LEDs produce 5000 ~ 6000K light for up to 240 minutes at 25% and 60mins at 100%.
The sensor built into the light automatically dims and regulates output based on proximity to the object and your desired setting. The sensor also detects external flashes and turns off the light for 1 second, preventing shadows and colour interference.
The automatic setting has a 10-step brightness setting to save battery life, your eyesight and scaring your subject when up close to your subject. As you get closer the light will dim and as you turn to open water the light will dial up the power.
When used with a separate external flash the light sensor will pick up the flash and turn off for a second to prevent unwanted shadows, colour shifts or backscatter.
- Powerful 2300 lumen LED light using the latest LED technology, featuring 6x CREE XP-L LEDs
- One button control for easy operation - one button to power light on/off and select brightness
- Four brightness controls: 100%, 50%, 25% and Automatic with 10-step automatic brightness control (based on distance to subject)
- 60 minute burn time at full power and constant brightness
- Depth rated to 330 feet/100 meters
- Easy to expand with Flex-Connect™ trays, grip and Flex Arms
- Quick-release button to detach light and aim in crevices and hard to reach areas
- Auto Bright Mode dims the light based off of proximity to an object from 100% to 10%
- Auto Flash Detect Mode turns light off for 1 second when external flash is detected
- 100° wide beam angle (75° underwater) evenly illuminates the subject with no hot spots
- Corrosion-proof metal light head for heat dispersion and durability
- Removable 7.4V Rechargeable Li-Ion battery w/ charger and international plug adapters included
- Waterproof battery compartment keeps electronics dry in case of accidental leak
- Universal mounting screw fits SeaLife and other brands of underwater cameras w/ standard ¼-20 tripod mount
IN THE BOX:
- Sea Dragon 2300 Underwater Photo/Video/Dive Light head
- Flex-Connect Single Tray w/ standard ¼-20 mounting screw
- Flex-Connect grip
- 7.4V Lithium Ion battery for Sea Dragon Lights
- AC Power Adapter, charging tray, and international plug adapters
- Spare O-rings, O-ring lubricant, O-ring removal tool
- Instruction manual
- Sea Dragon Case
- Body Material Anodized aluminum light head with fiber-reinforced polycarbonate body
- Light Source/Bulb Type 6 x 3W LED Light (CREE XP-L LEDs)
- Brightness 2300 lumens (maintains 2300 lumens throughout burn time at full power)
- Effective Range 4 ft/1.2 m (depends on camera model and visibility)
- Brightness Control 100%, 50%, 25%, and Auto (adjusts from 10% to 100%)
- Color Temperature 5000 ~ 6000K
- Color Rendering Index 70
- Beam Angle 100 degree (75 degree underwater)
- Battery Lithium Ion 7.4V, 3400 mAh, 25Wh (included)
- Battery Charge Time 170 minutes
- Run Time 60 minutes at full power/120 minutes at half power/240 minutes at quarter power
- Depth Tested to 330 feet/100 meters
- Light Modes Full power (100%), half power (50%), quarter power (25%), and Auto (adjusts from 10% to 100%)
- 8.5" x 9.5" x 2.3" (22cm x 24cm x 6cm), fully assembled with light head, battery, grip and tray
- 4.8" x 2.2" x 3.8" (12.2cm x 5.6cm x 9.7cm), head only
- Weight 23 ounces (652 grams), light head, battery, grip and tray
- Bulb Life 35,000 hours
- O-ring Dual NBR o-rings (lube included)
*CRI is a measure of a light source's ability to show object colors "realistically" or "naturally" compared to daylight, which has a CRI of 100 and represents the maximum value.
The beam angles for the Sea Dragon lights are shown as the true, tested "in-air" (above water) beam angle. Underwater, due to light refraction, the angle tightens to approximately 33% less.
Avoid using this Sea Dragon light above water for prolonged periods of time
The light is designed for underwater use and water is needed to displace heat. The metal light head at full power will reach temperature of about 140F (60C) degrees within a few minutes, which may cause burning if touched. A thermal sensor will automatically dim the light if internal temperatures reaches 150F (65C) degrees. Immediately turn off light if any parts of the light become hot to the touch.
SeaLife Sea Dragon 2300 Photo-Video Light - Features
|Battery Level Indicator|
?Whether the torch has a built-in battery level indicator.
?Narrow beams are great for cutting through low visibility, helping a diver to see further without creating backscatter from the light reflecting off particles in the water. Narrow beams are able to penetrate further and are ideal for looking in openings or under rocks
Wide angle beams are best for good visibility and spread the light over a larger area. A larger lit area means that the torch does not have to be continuous moved and are particularly effective on night dives
?Advances in bulb technology has created a number of different options for light source, each with their own advantages and disadvantage:
Halogen & Xenon - The oldest technology, a spring like filament that glows white hot then electricity is passed through it, producing light. Later filament bulbs are filled with Xenon to produce a more intense and brighter light.
HID - High Intensity Discharge lights have a capsule of gas instead of the tungsten filament. HID bulbs typically produce more light at a lower temperature and are significantly more efficient as they produce a lot less heat and require less energy to maintain the light level.
LED - unlike ordinary incandescent bulbs, Light Emitting Diodes don't have a filament that will burn out, and they don't get especially hot. They are illuminated solely by the movement of electrons in a semiconductor material. An LED is a lot more efficient than a filament bulb and also a lot more durable than both filament and HID bulbs.
|Burn Time at Max (Mins)|
?The length of time that the torch will provide light at 100% power.
|Lumens at Max|
?The torch lumen output at 100% power.
|Maximum Depth (m)|
?The maximum depth that the torch has been rated to by the manufacturer
?Whether the torch is supplied with a rechargeable battery and charger or whether it runs off standard batteries.
?There are a number of different switch types available.
Manual switches physically complete the circuit by moving the contacts inside the torch. This type of switch passes through the body of the torch which adds a possible point of failure but are signifcantly cheaper to produce.
Twist caps are very common. The diver simply twists the bottom cap or head unit to complete or break the circuit. Twist caps usually have a double o-ring to protect the battery and electronics from damage. The disadvantage of a twist cap is that if the diver was to unscrew the cap too much when turn off the torch there is a very small risk that the torch could flood
Magnetic switches are becoming more popular as they do not need to pass through the body of the torch and instead use magnets to operate the torch. This eliminates any potential flood risks resulting from a failing switch.
Kinetic torches are controlled by motion and are the most water tight solution.
|Torch Body Material|
?The material that the main body of the torch is made from.
Plastic will produce a typically lighter torch but a torch made of aluminium will be stronger and more robust due to the density of the material.
?Whether the entire torch (including batteries) is held in the hand or whether the light unit is connected via an umbilical cable to a seperate battery unit for extra capacity and burntime.
Photo / Video Lights have an even beam that floods the scene with light with no hard edges or hotspots so it doesn't look odd or stand out in your pictures.
Ultra Violet Lights use a specific wavelength of blue light, not usually Ultra Violet, that excite certain parts of animals that cause them to glow and fluoresce showing unusual patterns that the naked eye cannot see.
?Whether the torch offers multiple power levels other than the standard on and off.
We offer free standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard delivery is £3.70 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch.
Next Working Day is £6.50.