Mk2 R095 Kids Regulator
£170.00 RRP £209.00 In StockPlease note: This item cannot be shipped outside the European Union - learn more
The Scubapro Mk2 EVO R095 Kids Regulator is a modified set designed for kids with a smaller mouthpiece and shorter hose for smaller divers. Small and light the combination is comfortable for children with a cold water treatment so they can use the regs at home and abroad.
The Mk2 is a compact piston regulator with Scubapro's EVO XTIS cold water treatment, increasing it's freezing resistance by around 50%. The reduced size but improved airflow makes the Mk2 a great little 1st stage that's at home in warm waters abroad or colder waters at home.
Light and simple the R095 2nd stage has a large purge button on the front and has a kids sized mouthpiece so it's comfortable. This set is also fitted with a shorter hose than an adults set so it's more practical and less of a snag hazard.
- Features a classic downstream valve for optimal breathing performance.
- Preset inhalation and Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) provides hassle-free air delivery.
- Metal valve housing is built rugged and increases overall reliability.
- Weight (without mouthpiece): 5.0oz/141g.
- Airflow at 2900psi (l/m/SCFM): 1400/50.
- Classic downstream piston design features a chrome-plated brass body with one high pressure and four low pressure ports.
- Patented XTIS (Extended Thermal Insulating System) fully isolates the mechanical elements from the cold, increasing freezing resistance by an average of 50 percent over its predecessor without compromising breathing performance.
- Additional internal technical improvements include a new spring insulating bushing and coating, a new insulating piston bushing, a new insulating sleeve and a new antifreeze cap, all of which contribute to the increase in freezing resistance. Key insulation system components are visible in blue.
- Chrome-plated brass body is 3.5mm smaller than its predecessor but houses an oversized piston by 1.6mm that provides better breathing performance by increasing airflow by 15 percent.
- Stainless steel removable orifice allows for easier maintenance while extending regulator life.
- Available in either 3364psi/232bar INT or 4350psi/300bar DIN configurations.
- Meets new EN250-2014 standards for cold-water breathing performance.
- Weight: INT 232 - 23.6oz/670g; /DIN 300 -15.9oz/450g.
- Airflow at 2900psi/200bar (l/m/SCFM): 3000/106.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 138-145/9.5-10.
Scubapro Mk2 R095 Kids Regulator - Features
?This feature allows the diver to adjust the inhalation setting from the set level and increase the effort required to open the 2nd stage valve to deliver air.Close
?The venturi control affects how air flows in the 2nd stage. In it's positive position the flow of gas creates a vacuum against the diapragm, helping to open the valve. In it's negative position it will divert gas back against the diaphragm helping to close the valve. It is basically used to help prevent free flowingClose
|Cold Water Rated|
?Cold water has adverse effects on regulators and can cause some to freeze so each regulator combination must be tested during manufacturing for their performance in different water temperatures. Cold water is defined by EN250 as below 10°C. If a regulator combination cannot meet the performance standards below 10°C then they are only suitable for warm waters. EN250 / (EN250A >10°C) To pass the regulator must provide at least 62.5 L/min of air at 50M depth above 10°C.Close
|Cold & Warm Water|
?Environmentally sealed 1st stages offer greater protection against freezing when diving in cold water (below 10 degrees C) Scubapro have a new method of cold water proofing their first stages called the eXtended Thermal Insulating System or XTIS which still allows water into the first stage but the internal parts that come into contact with the water are coated to prevent ice from forming.Close
?An Unbalanced second stage is simply a lever operated valve that is opened and closed as the diaphragm is pulled inwards by the vacuum that is created when the diver inhales. An unbalanced second stage is affected by increased pressure at depth, slightly increasing the effort required to open the valve. A Balanced second stage overcomes the effects of increased pressure by utilising a balancing chamber. This chamber takes some of the work away from the spring mechanism, allowing a smaller spring to be used which results in an easier breathe. As the chamber uses air to balance the valve it maintains the same resistance as the diver descends and ascends, keeping the inhalation effort the same.Close
?All regulators need to be serviced to keep them in working order as the parts inside them age and wear over time and with use. Most regulators need to be serviced once a year or after 100 dives with normal recreational use to replace parts and re-balance. Some regulators use more modern materials or mechanisms that allow them to extend the servicing interval that can save you some money in the long run.Close
|2 Year - 100 Dives|
|1st stage HP Ports|
?High pressure ports supply the pressure gauge and wireless transmitters for dive computers. Most 1st stages will have atleast one 7/16" HP Port but two allow for a transmitter and SPG.Close
|1st Stage LP Ports|
?Low pressure ports supply the 2nd stages and inflator hoses. Most will have the standard 3/8" LP port but some 1st stages also have a hi-flow 1/2" LP Port.Close
?Unbalanced regulators are affected by the pressure in the cylinder, becoming slighty harder to breathe from when the pressure starts to drop. Balanced regulators are not affected by the cylinder pressure or depth. Over-balanced regulators achieve unprecedented performance by increasing your air supply the deeper you go providing the best breathe for deep divers.Close
?The weight includes the first stage (DIN fitting), hose and second stage.Close
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard UK delivery is £3.95 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch. Order by 3pm on a working weekday and we will aim to despatch the same day.
Next Working Day for the UK is £6.95.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with any product purchased from Simply Scuba.
However, you can return it for any reason within 28 days from the date of despatch for a full refund (less postage costs).
Royal Mail tracked return option within the UK for your convenience.
Watch the video
Scuba regulator Advice
Choosing The Right Regulator
Looking for advice on choosing the right regulator?
Not a problem. Watch our video from our in-house expert Mark.
What To Buy DIN Or A-Clamp
Not sure which connection to go for?
Watch our video with Mark to learn which is best for you.
What Are Cold Water Regs
What makes a good cold water regulator?
Watch our video from our in-house expert Mark to find out what to look for.