Hydros Pro Mens BCD
£480.00 RRP £570.00Please note: This item cannot be shipped outside the European Union - learn more
The Scubapro Hydros Pro BCD is a revolutionary wing BCD using the same Monoprene as their Seawing Nova fins for a tough and flexible harness that grips and holds it's position. The modular design of the Hydros make it easy to add and remove sections to change how the BCD functions and weighs so you only need one BCD to be your lightweight travel wing and your tough integrated BC.
The Monprene® is more durable than conventional materials and has higher resistance to UV, chemical and abrasion damage. The construction and materials has also made the Hydros Neutrally Buoyant with a near-zero inherent buoyancy so you don't have to worry about weight calculations so much.
Monoprene grips to you and your wetsuit so it isn't going to slip and shift when it's on and will dry instantly getting out of the water for a more comfortable kitting up on the 2nd dive.
The Hydros has been designed to be modular so you can personalise it to your needs, replace damaged parts and upgrade in the future. By adding or removing weight systems, bungees, D-Rings, accessories and pockets you can customise your BCD so if you need a striped down light travel BCD one day or one with integrated weights and pockets the next you can.
- Ultra Durable: Patented Injection Molded Monprene® Gel Harness is extremely resistant to UV, chemicals and abrasion. The fabric-free harness uses no velcro or zippers.
- Instant Dry: Ideal for travel due to less water retention and lower post-dive weight.
- "BC-4-Life" Modular Design: Customizable to add/remove weight systems, straps and pouches. Extended lifespan due to simplified repairs. Virtually every component, including buckles, can be replaced without stitching.
- 3D Ergonomic Design: Conforms to your body shape for maximum comfort.
- Lightweight: Advanced materials keep weight low.
- Neutrally Buoyant: Near-Zero inherent buoyancy requires less lead, resulting in better buoyancy control and much more enjoyable diving.
- Body Grip Gel: Prevents BC from shifting and riding up.
- Dual-Compound Backplate: Provides the ultimate in stability and comfort. Single tank band system allows for easier assembly.
- Torso Flex Zone: Auto-adjusts to your torso length for excellent comfort and freedom of movement.
- Articulated Shoulder Straps: Allow straps to adjust to your body shape to achieve a snug fit.
- Kit-Up Assist: Holds shoulder straps open for easy donning.
- Cross-Flow Channel: Unrestricted internal airflow reduces air trapping for enhanced maneuverability and easy deflation at any angle.
- 2-Stage Inflation: Tri-bungee system controls air distribution to maintain a compact shape under water and high lift capacity at the surface.
- Dorsal Weight-Wing: Anti-abrasion and instant dry. Optimal "Outboard" trim pockets.
- Buckle Weight System: Simple, safe and reliable quick-release buckles offer a fixed location for easy one-hand operation.
- Multi-Mount Accessory Matrix: Multiple D-Rings and mounting points for a knife + light + SMB + hoses + crotch strap and much more.
- Smart-Pack Design: Folding shoulder and waist straps pack into the wing, creating an unbelievably compact package for easy transport and storage.
Weight approx. : 3.7kg
Scubapro Hydros Pro Mens BCD - Features
|Back Plate Type|
?Describes the style of back plate, a travel BCD will usually feature a flexible or partial backplate whereas a standard BCD will have a full rigid (and probably padded) backplate
|Full padded rigid|
|Female Specific Fit|
?Most BCDs are designed to fit men and women but there are a growing number of BCDs designed specifically for women, providing a much better fit and support.
?A standard BCD will provide lift in the back and usually through the front pockets, giving a balanced lift. Hybrids and wing systems will provide lift in different ways depending on the design, a standard wing will only provide lift in the back.
?Quick release weight systems allow a more comfortable distribution of weight as it no longer has to be solely worn around the waist. Easy removal means that the pouches can be quickly removed and handed over to boat crews on exit or dumped in an emergency.
|Quick Release Buckles|
?Quick release buckles aid donning and removal of the BCD with minimal effort
?Main side pockets for storage
|Single Pouch Capacity (kg)|
?The recommended maximum weight for each integrated weight pouch (based on medium BCD)
|Single Trim Capacity (kg)|
?The recommended maximum weight for each trim weight pocket
|Trim Weight Pockets|
?Trim weight pockets allow weight to be added to the back of the BCD to balance out the distribution. They are also useful to counterbalance the affect of wearing a pony or other redundant system as counter weights can be added to the pouch on the opposite side, helping to prevent rolling.
We offer free standard delivery on orders over £50. Learn more.
Standard delivery is £3.70 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch.
Next Working Day is £6.50.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with any product purchased from Simply Scuba.
However, you can return it for any reason within 28 days from the date of despatch for a full refund (less postage costs).