Great for beginners through to intermediate divers
As an occasional recreational diver I just want my dive computer to figure out what I'm doing and help me get on with doing it. I bought a Aladin Sport Matrix Computer through Simply Scuba back in July 2018. Since then I've had the pleasure of diving with it in fresh and salt water environments. It's simplicity and bluetooth connectivity are it's greatest features. The display is large and the buttons easily worked even with thick gloves on. The interface is fairly intuitive but don't expect to get the most of the computer without reading the user manual a few times.
What I like about it:
- Clear icons and big buttons
- Supports enriched air.
- Automatic (ok, that's fairly standard but I still like it!)
- Bluetooth synching with logbook on phone ( this is the winning bonus feature for me )
- Supports enriched air
Where I think it could improved upon:
- Bulky. It's a puck, so bulky is expected but it would be so much better if it was a bit thinner.
- No clip for the excess portion of the wrist strap. It just's flaps around so I added a bit of bungee to hold that in place.
- Compass display while diving is not exactly useful. The matrix portion at the bottom is used to display the bearing but it takes time to activate and interpret.
In summary, this computer does enough, and does what's needed very well, for the price it retails at. You won't be needing a more advanced dive computer until you get into really advanced recreational / technical diving.Loading...