Abyss 22 Regulator
£242.00 RRP £351.00Please note: This item cannot be shipped outside the European Union - learn more
The Mares Abyss 22 is an award winning high performance regulator with a minimalist, lightweight balanced diaphragm first stage and responsive second stage with vortex assist for improved air flow. A wonderful smooth breathe with record performance down to 313m and 101 divers breathing simultaneously through just 1 first stage.
Record Setting Performance
The Abyss 22 is the regulator of choice for many record setting attempts down to 313m delivering a reliable breathe all the way down and back again. The MR22T 1st stage has been used in other record attempts including one to test it's performance by having 101 divers breathing simultaneously off just one 1st stage for 40 minutes.
These impressive records have real world benefits as a regulator that can perform at over 300m will work fine for a 30m dive off the coast and it is very rare that you will need to provide gas to 101 divers but you and a buddy can safely breathe off your single 1st stage with no loss of performance not matter how hard you breathe.
The MR22 1st stage has been stripped of all unnecessary metal to significantly reduce the overall weight of the 1st stage without affecting the structural integrity. This reduction in metal actually helps to increase the surface area of the first stage, improving the thermal characteristics of this already highly reliable regulator. The MR22 offers four low pressure and two high pressure ports at fixed angles.
The Abyss 2nd stage uses a full metal body to provide fantastic thermal properties, helping to reduce the risk of ice forming due to extremely low temperatures. A mesh grid incorporated into the front cover lowers the affect that water flow has on the diaphragm, helping to prevent freeflows in strong currents. The Mares Abyss also uses a bypass tube to the mouthpiece that creates a vortex inside the second stage body that draws in the diaphragm during inhalation, providing a lower breathing resistance at all depths.
- Durable Tri material valve to optimise performance, safety, and reliability (Brass, soft polyurethane, and heavy duty polyurethane).
- All metal second stage for superior performance in cold water so freezing is prevented along with improved durability and less dry mouth breathing.
- Fluid Dynamic Deflector is designed to properly direct airflow from bypass tube to the mouthpiece. Allows effortless breathing combined with VAD.
- VAD or Vortex Assisted Design in the second stage creates a vortex with a low pressure centre to keep the diaphragm down during inhalation.
- Mesh Grid on second stage reduces the pressure of water flowing onto the second stage diaphragm and therefore minimises free flow even in strong currents.
- Includes super soft Mares Superflex Hose is extremely light weight and allows freedom of movement. Surpasses EN250 standards.
- First stage weight: 803g INT. 616g DIN
- Second Stage Weight: 269g
- Balanced Diaphragm
- Four low pressure ports
- Two high pressure ports
We offer free standard delivery on orders over £50. Learn more.
Standard delivery is £3.70 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch.
Next Working Day is £6.50.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with any product purchased from Simply Scuba.
However, you can return it for any reason within 28 days from the date of despatch for a full refund (less postage costs).
Extended Christmas Returns
Orders placed between the 1st of November and the 15th of December (inclusive) will be subject to an extended returns period. You will be able to return items purchased during this period up until the 12th of January.