£280.00 RRP £350.00 In StockPlease note: This item cannot be shipped outside the European Union - learn more
The AquaLung Pearl BCD has been specifically designed to be more comfortable for the female diver compared to the unisex alternative. An adjustable waistband and curved shoulder straps provide a custom and comfortable fit.
The shape and style of the Pearl is made for comfort, style and performance. Up around your neck the edge of the shoulder straps is rolled for a softer edge that won't rub. The length of the BCD has reduced for the female figure so the Pearl is graceful and comfortable.
The Wrapture Harness deflects the weight of the cylinder off your shoulders and down to your hips which make walking to the water easier.
The shape of the internal air cell holds you in an upright position on the surface inflated and a horizontal position when diving. The two sides accommodate zippered pockets, a scoop octo pocket and an instrument pocket. As well as the zippered storage pockets the Pearl also has multiple D-Rings around it and the SureLock II Integrated Weight System.
The SureLock II Weight system takes the lead off your belt and hips and integrates it into your BCD. SureLock II has a secure mechanical clip that holds your lead secure but can be released quickly with a single movement if needed. The mechanism has an audible click when connected so you know your pouches are fitted properly.
- A unique hybrid design gives the best of both worlds; an ADV jacket style combined with a back inflation unit allows you to float comfortably at the surface and creates a streamlined profile during your dive
- The advanced air cell design has sleeker, lower profile lobes and a shorter torso length create a comfortable fit on the hips
- The low profile flat valves reduce drag when moving through the water
- SureLock IITM Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) - allows you to easily insert the weight pouch and an audible "click" lets you know the weights are secure in the BC. Once engaged, the weights can be released with a firm pull of the handle
- Adjustable, removable chest strap for personal comfort
- Two large, easy-to-access utility pockets found on either side of the Pearl have two-way zippers with zipper pulls
- Features three D-rings for all of your accessories
- Easy-to-access knife attachment points on the left lobe accommodate many of the Aqua Lung knives
- A clever octo-pocket on the right lobe secures the octopus while keeping it accessible and visible throughout the dive
- A scooped instrument pocket (or octo-pocket) is also on the top front of left lobe, giving versatility of use
- Adjustable waist band allows you to customize for a perfect fit
Weight-integrated Hybrid Style Jacket
Flat Dump valves
SureLock II Weight System
3 stainless and 1 plastic D-rings
Ditchable weight 9kg
Non-ditchable weight 4.5kg
Lift Capacity (lbs/N) :
- XS - 22/100,
- SM - 28/120,
- MD - 32/140,
- ML - 44/190
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Weight approx. :3.5kg
ABOUT Aqua Lung
Aqualung have been industry leaders producing a range of diving equipment from regulators and computers to drysuits, wetsuits and masks.
Aqualung have been producing dive equipment since 1943, started by Jacques-Yves Cousteau and Émile Gagnan who introduced the world to scuba diving and the Aqua-Lung.
Aqua Lung Pearl BCD - Features
|Back Plate Type|
?Describes the style of back plate, a travel BCD will usually feature a flexible or partial backplate whereas a standard BCD will have a full rigid (and probably padded) backplate
|Full padded rigid|
|Female Specific Fit|
?Most BCDs are designed to fit men and women but there are a growing number of BCDs designed specifically for women, providing a much better fit and support.
?A standard BCD will provide lift in the back and usually through the front pockets, giving a balanced lift. Hybrids and wing systems will provide lift in different ways depending on the design, a standard wing will only provide lift in the back.
|All round lift|
?Quick release weight systems allow a more comfortable distribution of weight as it no longer has to be solely worn around the waist. Easy removal means that the pouches can be quickly removed and handed over to boat crews on exit or dumped in an emergency.
|Quick Release Buckles|
?Quick release buckles aid donning and removal of the BCD with minimal effort
?Main side pockets for storage
|Single Pouch Capacity (kg)|
?The recommended maximum weight for each integrated weight pouch (based on medium BCD)
|Single Trim Capacity (kg)|
?The recommended maximum weight for each trim weight pocket
|Trim Weight Pockets|
?Trim weight pockets allow weight to be added to the back of the BCD to balance out the distribution. They are also useful to counterbalance the affect of wearing a pony or other redundant system as counter weights can be added to the pouch on the opposite side, helping to prevent rolling.
We offer free standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard delivery is £3.70 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch.
Next Working Day is £6.50.