XL4 Stage 3 Set
£415.00 RRP £479.00 In StockPlease note: This item cannot be shipped outside the European Union - learn more
The Apeks XL4 Stage 3 Set is made to be small and lightweight but for diving in any waters even colder waters. The XL4 2nd stage is compact and lightweight to reduce jaw fatigue on longer dives and reduce the weight of your kit bag. The DB4 1st stage was based on the DS4 and like the XL4 it's compact and works great in cold water.
The 2nd stage is small and light but tough for advanced divers. All of the features you need are oversized and easy to use even with thick gloves and everything else is kept minimal. Inside is a high performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve for a positive breathing experience.
Your 1st stage is compact too with environmental sealing and large heat syncs to improve the cold water performance while staying as light weight as possible. The over-moulded end cap acts as protection for the 1st stage from the usual bumps and scrapes they can get.
Over-Balanced the DB4 will actually deliver more airflow at greater depths should you need it. Great for a travel regulator that you can use at home and for advanced technical diving on a single, twin or stage cylinders this combination is great for any diver.
1st Stage (DB4)
• Compact machined 1st stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
• Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage end cap & environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme
circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
• Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the 1st stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
• Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
• Improved and balanced gas flow to all ports.
• Compact and lightweight 2nd stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
• High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
• Large, over moulded self-flushing controllable purge button.
• Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
• Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose. The hose uses a Poly-ether liner.
• Standard 9/16” metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
• Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
• Re-usable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
• Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
First Stage – Satin chrome plated brass, reinforced main diaphragm, stainless steel
Second Stage – Satin chrome plated brass, stainless steel spring, glass filled polymer.
O-Rings – Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM)
Hoses – Inner hose material: Polyether Thermoplastic Polyurethane Compound, outer layer braid of Nylon Thread.
Maximum working pressure:
First Stage DIN - 300bar (4351 psi)
Medium supply pressure:
9-10 bar (131-145psi)
Storage -30°C to 70°C (-22°F to 158°F)
Working Temperature 2°C to 55°C (35.6°F to 131°F for cold water use)
Apeks XL4 Stage 3 Set - Features
?This feature allows the diver to adjust the inhalation setting from the set level and increase the effort required to open the 2nd stage valve to deliver air. Close.
?The venturi control affects how air flows in the 2nd stage. In it's positive position the flow of gas creates a vacuum against the diapragm, helping to open the valve. In it's negative position it will divert gas back against the diaphragm helping to close the valve. It is basically used to help prevent free flowing. Close.
|Cold Water Rated|
?Cold water has adverse effects on regulators and can cause some to freeze so each regulator combination must be tested during manufacturing for their performance in different water temperatures.
Cold water is defined by EN250 as below 10°C. If a regulator combination cannot meet the performance standards below 10°C then they are only suitable for warm waters.
EN250 / (EN250A >10°C)
To pass the regulator must provide at least 62.5 L/min of air at 50M depth above 10°C. Close.
|Cold & Warm Water|
?Environmentally sealed 1st stages offer greater protection against freezing when diving in cold water (below 10 degrees C)
Scubapro have a new method of cold water proofing their first stages called the eXtended Thermal Insulating System or XTIS which still allows water into the first stage but the internal parts that come into contact with the water are coated to prevent ice from forming. Close.
?Unbalanced regulators are affected by the pressure in the cylinder, becoming slighty harder to breathe from when the pressure starts to drop.
Balanced regulators are not affected by the cylinder pressure or depth.
Over-balanced regulators achieve unprecedented performance by increasing your air supply the deeper you go providing the best breathe for deep divers. Close.
|High Pressure Ports|
?High pressure ports supply the pressure gauge and wireless transmitters for dive computers Close.
|Low Pressure Ports|
?Low pressure ports supply the 2nd stages and inflator hoses Close.
?All regulators need to be serviced to keep them in working order as the parts inside them age and wear over time and with use. Most regulators need to be serviced once a year or after 100 dives with normal recreational use to replace parts and re-balance.
Some regulators use more modern materials or mechanisms that allow them to extend the servicing interval that can save you some money in the long run. Close.
|1 Year - 100 Dives|
|Weight in Grams (approx)|
?The weight includes the first stage (DIN fitting), hose and second stage. Close.
We offer free tracked UK standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard UK delivery is £3.95 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch. Order by 3pm on a working weekday and we will aim to despatch the same day.
Next Working Day for the UK is £6.95.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with any product purchased from Simply Scuba.
However, you can return it for any reason within 28 days from the date of despatch for a full refund (less postage costs).
Royal Mail tracked return option within the UK for your convenience.
Watch the video
Scuba regulator Advice
Choosing The Right Regulator
Looking for advice on choosing the right regulator?
Not a problem. Watch our video from our in-house expert Mark.
What To Buy DIN Or A-Clamp
Not sure which connection to go for?
Watch our video with Mark to learn which is best for you.
What Are Cold Water Regs
What makes a good cold water regulator?
Watch our video from our in-house expert Mark to find out what to look for.