XL4 Regulator Stage 3 Set
The Apeks XL4 Stage 3 Set is made to be small and lightweight but for diving in any waters even colder waters. The XL4 2nd stage is compact and lightweight to reduce jaw fatigue on longer dives and reduce the weight of your kit bag. The DB4 1st stage was based on the DS4 and like the XL4 it's compact and works great in cold water.
The 2nd stage is small and light but tough for advanced divers. All of the features you need are oversized and easy to use even with thick gloves and everything else is kept minimal. Inside is a high performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve for a positive breathing experience.
Your 1st stage is compact too with environmental sealing and large heat syncs to improve the cold water performance while staying as light weight as possible. The over-moulded end cap acts as protection for the 1st stage from the usual bumps and scrapes they can get.
Over-Balanced the DB4 will actually deliver more airflow at greater depths should you need it. Great for a travel regulator that you can use at home and for advanced technical diving on a single, twin or stage cylinders this combination is great for any diver.
1st Stage (DB4)
• Compact machined 1st stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
• Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage end cap & environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme
circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
• Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the 1st stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
• Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
• Improved and balanced gas flow to all ports.
• Compact and lightweight 2nd stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
• High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
• Large, over moulded self-flushing controllable purge button.
• Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
• Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose. The hose uses a Poly-ether liner.
• Standard 9/16” metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
• Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
• Re-usable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
• Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
First Stage – Satin chrome plated brass, reinforced main diaphragm, stainless steel
Second Stage – Satin chrome plated brass, stainless steel spring, glass filled polymer.
O-Rings – Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM)
Hoses – Inner hose material: Polyether Thermoplastic Polyurethane Compound, outer layer braid of Nylon Thread.
Maximum working pressure:
First Stage DIN - 300bar (4351 psi)
Medium supply pressure:
9-10 bar (131-145psi)
Storage -30°C to 70°C (-22°F to 158°F)
Working Temperature 2°C to 55°C (35.6°F to 131°F for cold water use)
We offer free standard delivery on orders over £50. Learn more.
Standard delivery is £3.70 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch.
Next Working Day is £6.50.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with any product purchased from Simply Scuba.
However, you can return it for any reason within 28 days from the date of despatch for a full refund (less postage costs).
Extended Christmas Returns
Orders placed between the 1st of November and the 15th of December (inclusive) will be subject to an extended returns period. You will be able to return items purchased during this period up until the 12th of January.