The Apeks XL4+ Regulator is a white version of the popular, compact, cold water XL4 Regulator. With one small adjustment, a second HP Port, the XL4 Plus is more practical for divers who want to use an analogue gauge and a wireless transmitter.
Who is the XL4+ For?
The XL4 + is tested for cold water while keeping lightweight for travelling divers. A small 2nd stage is perfect for longer dives to reduce jaw fatigue and reduce bulk on a stage cylinder. The XL4+ is perfect for divers who want a regulator they can use in cold waters that isn't heavy so they can use it as a holiday regulator too.
Any Apeks Octo is compatible with the XL4+ but the XL4 Octo is best if you're looking to build a single cylinder setup. Any LP Inflator Hose will fit the XL4 and Apeks' Tech Gauge and Hose is the perfect SPG for a single cylinder set.
For Single Cylinder Setups:
For Stage Cylinder Setups:
- Compact machined 1st stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap & environmental diaphragm helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Large surface area heat exchanger diaphragm clamp helps increase the gas temperature inside the 1st stage, resulting in improved cold water performance.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- Compact and lightweight 2nd stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long duration dives.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- White flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- Durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
- UV inhibitors to help prevent discolouration of the white materials.
Apeks have been designing and building regulators here in the UK with most of their equipment manufactured in-house. Apeks equipment is used by technical divers all over the world to explore the deepest, coldest and most advanced dive environments on earth.
We offer free standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard delivery is £3.70 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch.
Next Working Day is £6.95.
Watch the video
Scuba regulator Advice
Choosing The Right Regulator
Looking for advice on choosing the right regulator?
Not a problem. Watch our video from our in-house expert Mark.
What To Buy DIN Or A-Clamp
Not sure which connection to go for?
Watch our video with Mark to learn which is best for you.
What Are Cold Water Regs
What makes a good cold water regulator?
Watch our video from our in-house expert Mark to find out what to look for.