RK3 Fin Yellow
£97.00 RRP £115.00 In StockPlease note: This item cannot be shipped outside the European Union - learn more
The Apeks RK3 Yellow Fins are super hard wearing thermoplastic rubber fins designed in collaboration with military and public service divers for performance and reliability in the hardest conditions in a bright yellow colour so you can be better seen and identified in the water.
Solid Rubber Design has no joins or hinges to split or break. The compact vented design has been standard issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard and public safety divers for decades and is popular with professional divers around the world. Made for the most rugged environments the RK3 are great for technical divers for pure reliability and cave divers from their compact design and transportability.
Two Hanging Loops that make storage on pegs easy and transport with carabiners capable without having to customise the blade.
Vented Design improves efficiency by reducing the resistance on your ankle on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke by channelling water by eliminating vortices along the back of the blade.
- Based on one of the first vented rubber fins sold in North America and popular among military and professional divers.
- Compact, and ultra-rugged for use in harsh environments.
- Improved foot pocket with spring straps for ease of use with cold hands or thick gloves.
- The design has been the standard gear issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard and public safety divers for decades.
- Short wide blade provides maximum forward thrust while maintaining great manoeuvrability.
- Vented blade design reduces resistance on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke.
- The vents also eliminate vortexes that can occur along the back of the blade much in the same way split fins eliminate the vortex.
- The blade material designed to hold up in the toughest environments, temperatures and abuse.
- Two large grommet holes designed to fit most carabiners for easy storage of the fins while accessing the dive site.
- Spring straps as standard.
- Custom designed buckle holds spring straps in optimum position.
- Simple push pin design allows simple replacement of springs if necessary.
Medium 0.982kg per fin
Large 1.19kg per fin
Super 1.27kg per fin
Fin Length : 570mm
Apeks RK3 Fin Yellow - Features
?Advances in design, materials and manufacturing techniques has allowed the development of various differenet types of fin blades which control the movement of water in different ways.
More advanced blades, including split and hinged blades, can dramatically increase efficiency, helping to improve propulsion but also lower the amount of energy required to operate the fins.
|Fin Length (mm)|
?The overall fin length of a medium sized fin
|Fin Weight (Pair kg)|
?The overall weight of a pair of medium fins including buckles and straps
?Fins are available in two fitting types, open heel and full foot pocket.
Open Heel are typically used for scuba diving as they are able to provide better propulsion due to their increased strength and weight.
Full Foot Pocket fins are usually worn by snorkellers who produce significantly less drag when moving through the water compared to a scuba diver. As a result the fins are generally smaller and much lighter.
|Quick Release Buckle|
?Quick release buckles aid fitting and removal of the fins by allowing rapid fitting and release of the fin strap.
Rather than having to loosen the fin strap off before pulling it over your heel to remove the fin, the quick release buckle allows you to disconnect the strap and slide your foot straight out.
?A number of different fin strap styles can now by found on fins including the traditional adjustable rubber strap, metal spring straps and also bungee straps.
Rubber straps can be easily adjusted to suit each individual diver and are typically fitted with quick release buckles.
Spring and bungee straps are generally not adjustable and are sized to suit the fin size, however, they offer an extra level of comfort and flex better during the kick motion.
We offer free standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard delivery is £3.70 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch.
Next Working Day is £6.95.