MTX-R Stage 3 Set
£520.00 RRP £686.00Please note: This item cannot be shipped outside the European Union - learn more
The Apeks MTX-R Stage 3 Set is a super tough and super cold water regulator taken from Apeks' military range of equipment with both 1st stage, Primary and Octo. Inspired from the Military's MTX developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test they are extremely robust, durable and are made for the worst conditions that can be thrown at you. Metal parts improve the cold water performance and overall strength of the regulator.
The 1st stage is a 5-port swivel turret covered in Heat Exchangers with a Satin Chrome Coating that improve cold water performance and strength. The Swivel Turret lets your hoses route more naturally by allowing them to pivot so your hoses don't kink. The 5th Port adds further flexibility so you can mount hoses straight out one end of the 1st stage, great for DIR twin-set divers and sidemount divers.
The Angled High Pressure Ports are for a more comfortable routing down on singles and twin cylinders so your HP hose doesn't have to bend around the shape of your cylinders.
The MTXR has a robust metal front cover and a crenelated rubber edge for easy access to internal parts. The 2nd Stage has Large Heat Exchange Fins from the inlet warms the valve and gas coming into the 2nd stage, improving cold water performance by reducing the risk of ice build up.
Redesigned from the military the MTX R has a strong Industrial feel to it, made for strength, reliability and performance.
The Octo is built to the same standards as the primary in a bright yellow colour so it can be easily found in poor visibility when needed.
Remember to validate your warranty by visiting the manufacturers warranty registration website
- A first of its kind, over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice build-up that could cause a free flow in extreme circumstances.
- Forged 1st stage body gives maximum thermal performance.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp on the 1st stage ensures improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Angled HP ports allow for optimal hose routing and transmitter fitting.
- Parallel turret ports allow for improved hose orientation.
- Superb protection from impact damage on both the 1st and 2nd stage.
- Simple to use 2nd stage with no dive adjustment controls and a reduced chance of free flow.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Patented heat exchanger surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipating the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test.
- Tested for Octopus use to 60 metres in cold water.
Type of first stage Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
Body Type One piece forged body
Number of HP ports 2 (7/16" UNF)
Number of MP ports 5 (3/8" UNF)
Environmental Dry Kit Standard
First stage exterior Satin chrome
Orientation Convertible LH or RH
Coldwater Use Yes - extreme
Type of second stage Pneumatically balanced
Opening Effort Control Knob No
Integrated Venturi Lever No
Exhaust tee Diver Changeable - one set supplied
Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance Yes
Hose type Braided Flexi-hose
Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores Avg. 1.75 joules/litre
Nitrox compatible Yes to 40% O2 when new
Product Comparison Features
- Adjustable Inhalation: No
- Adjustable Venturi: No
- Cold Water Rated: Cold & Warm Water
- Environmentally sealed: Yes
- First Stage: Over-balanced
- High Pressure Ports: 2
- Low Pressure Ports: 5
- Second Stage: Balanced
- Type: Diaphragm
- Weight in Grams (approx): 1580
We offer free standard delivery on orders over £50. Learn more.
Standard delivery is £3.70 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch.
Next Working Day is £6.50.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with any product purchased from Simply Scuba.
However, you can return it for any reason within 28 days from the date of despatch for a full refund (less postage costs).