MTX-R Sidemount Regulator Set
£1,199.00 RRP £1,471.00 Out Of StockPlease note: This item cannot be shipped outside the European Union - learn more
The Apeks MTX-R Sidemount Regulator Set is made to be tough and ready for any environment. Taken from Apeks' military MTX Regulator which is developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test these regs are extremely robust, durable and are made for the worst conditions that can be thrown at you. Metal parts improve the cold water performance and overall strength of the regulator in a sidemount regulator setup that you could easily adapt into a sidemount configuration with a couple hoses.
The 1st stage is a 5-port swivel turret covered in Heat Exchangers with a Satin Chrome Coating that improve cold water performance and strength. The Swivel Turret lets your hoses route more naturally by allowing them to pivot so your hoses don't kink. The 5th Port adds further flexibility so you can mount hoses straight out one end of the 1st stage, great for DIR twin-set divers and sidemount divers.
The Angled High Pressure Ports are for a more comfortable routing down on singles and twin cylinders so your HP hose doesn't have to bend around the shape of your cylinders.
The MTXR has a robust metal front cover and a crenelated rubber edge for easy access to internal parts. The 2nd Stage has Large Heat Exchange Fins from the inlet warms the valve and gas coming into the 2nd stage, improving cold water performance by reducing the risk of ice build up.
Redesigned from the military the MTX R has a strong Industrial feel to it, made for strength, reliability and performance.
- A first of its kind, over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice build-up that could cause a free flow in extreme circumstances.
- Forged 1st stage body gives maximum thermal performance.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp on the 1st stage ensures improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Angled HP ports allow for optimal hose routing and transmitter fitting.
- Parallel turret ports allow for improved hose orientation.
- Superb protection from impact damage on both the 1st and 2nd stage.
- Simple to use 2nd stage with no dive adjustment controls and a reduced chance of free flow.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Patented heat exchange surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipating the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test.
- Tested for Octopus use to 60 metres in cold water.
- First stage Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
- One piece forged body
- Number of HP ports 2 (7/16" UNF)
- Number of MP ports 5 (3/8" UNF)
- Environmental Dry Kit Standard
- First stage exterior Satin chrome
- Orientation Convertible LH or RH
- Coldwater Use Yes - extreme
- Type of second stage Pneumatically balanced
- Mouthpiece Comfo-bite™
- Exhaust tee Diver Changeable
- Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance Yes
- Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores Avg. 1.75 joules/litre
- Weight approx : 3.45kg
Apeks MTX-R Sidemount Regulator Set - Features
?This feature allows the diver to adjust the inhalation setting from the set level and increase the effort required to open the 2nd stage valve to deliver air. Close.
?The venturi control affects how air flows in the 2nd stage. In it's positive position the flow of gas creates a vacuum against the diapragm, helping to open the valve. In it's negative position it will divert gas back against the diaphragm helping to close the valve. It is basically used to help prevent free flowing. Close.
|Cold Water Rated|
?Cold water has adverse effects on regulators and can cause some to freeze so each regulator combination must be tested during manufacturing for their performance in different water temperatures.
Cold water is defined by EN250 as below 10°C. If a regulator combination cannot meet the performance standards below 10°C then they are only suitable for warm waters.
EN250 / (EN250A >10°C)
To pass the regulator must provide at least 62.5 L/min of air at 50M depth above 10°C. Close.
|Cold & Warm Water|
?Environmentally sealed 1st stages offer greater protection against freezing when diving in cold water (below 10 degrees C)
Scubapro have a new method of cold water proofing their first stages called the eXtended Thermal Insulating System or XTIS which still allows water into the first stage but the internal parts that come into contact with the water are coated to prevent ice from forming. Close.
?Unbalanced regulators are affected by the pressure in the cylinder, becoming slighty harder to breathe from when the pressure starts to drop.
Balanced regulators are not affected by the cylinder pressure or depth.
Over-balanced regulators achieve unprecedented performance by increasing your air supply the deeper you go providing the best breathe for deep divers. Close.
|High Pressure Ports|
?High pressure ports supply the pressure gauge and wireless transmitters for dive computers Close.
|Low Pressure Ports|
?Low pressure ports supply the 2nd stages and inflator hoses Close.
|Weight in Grams (approx)|
?The weight includes the first stage (DIN fitting), hose and second stage. Close.
We offer free standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard delivery is £3.95 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch. Order by 3pm on a working weekday and we will aim to despatch the same day.
Next Working Day is £6.95.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with any product purchased from Simply Scuba.
However, you can return it for any reason within 28 days from the date of despatch for a full refund (less postage costs).
Royal Mail tracked return option within the UK for your convenience.