Black Ice BCD
£415.00 RRP £565.00 In StockPlease note: This item cannot be shipped outside the European Union - learn more
The Apeks Black Ice BCD has been designed for the most serious of recreational divers in mind. From Tech to Rec the Black Ice can meet all your demands and do it well. Designed to provide the comfort desired for daily diving and the features needed to take you over the edge, the Black Ice is ideal for the diver who does it all.
With the Advanced Diver in Mind Apeks have designed the Black Ice to be rugged; made from abrasion resistant materials. Back inflation wing design produces a lot of lift without restricting movement and because all of the buoyancy is flat on your back it gives you a more natural position in the water.
Wrapture Harness System utilises patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra thin backplate which increases comfort and stability. The wrapture system prevents the BC from "riding-up" on the surface when inflated by holding onto you. Out of the water, the thin backplate keeps the cylinder close to your centre of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips, reducing the strain on your back. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
Modular Design lets you adjust different parts of the harness to customise the length of each strap for a perfect fit.
- Equipped with flat E valves on the right shoulder and lower rear right and left sides (fitted with easy grip pull dumps) Flat E valves are extremely streamlined with a one way design to keep water out.
- Two shoulder settings for true custom adjustments.
- Adjustable chest strap.
- 3 waistband settings.
- 3 bladder retractors.
- The Wrapture Harness System with a valve strap that allows the cylinder to be pulled in close to the body and remain in a perfectly vertical position. This allows the diver to stand up straight in total comfort without the cylinder pulling backwards.
- 5 Stainless steel D-ring to add all the attachments that the diver desires.
- SOLAS reflector inflater hold down.
- Powerline inflater with internal dump cable.
- Innovative swivel shoulder buckles.
- Knife attachment points designed to accept many of the speciality BC knifes available from Apeks/Aqua Lung.
- Right hand side large utility pocket.
- Left hand side large capacity fold down pocket to provide additional space for dive accessories such as lights, mask etc.
- Removable back pad held in place by a simple hook and loop attachment.
- SureLock II Integrated Weight Release System.
- Capable of mounting twin cylinders.
- Temperature Range - No lower than -20°C (-4°F) and no higher than 65°C (150°F).
- Cylinder Capacities -
Single Cylinder - Maximum Diameter - 20.5cm (8.1in)
Maximum Capacity - 15litre
Twin Cylinder - Maximum Diameter - 17.7cm (7.0in)
Maximum Capacity - 2 x 10litre
- Overall Weight - 4.40kg (9.7lbs) approx
- Squeeze Lock Knife and cylinder for illustration purposes only (Knife and Cylinder Not Included)
Apeks Black Ice BCD - Features
|Back Plate Type|
?Describes the style of back plate, a travel BCD will usually feature a flexible or partial backplate whereas a standard BCD will have a full rigid (and probably padded) backplate
|Female Specific Fit|
?Most BCDs are designed to fit men and women but there are a growing number of BCDs designed specifically for women, providing a much better fit and support.
?A standard BCD will provide lift in the back and usually through the front pockets, giving a balanced lift. Hybrids and wing systems will provide lift in different ways depending on the design, a standard wing will only provide lift in the back.
?Quick release weight systems allow a more comfortable distribution of weight as it no longer has to be solely worn around the waist. Easy removal means that the pouches can be quickly removed and handed over to boat crews on exit or dumped in an emergency.
|Quick Release Buckles|
?Quick release buckles aid donning and removal of the BCD with minimal effort
?Main side pockets for storage
|Single Pouch Capacity (kg)|
?The recommended maximum weight for each integrated weight pouch (based on medium BCD)
|Single Trim Capacity (kg)|
?The recommended maximum weight for each trim weight pocket
|Trim Weight Pockets|
?Trim weight pockets allow weight to be added to the back of the BCD to balance out the distribution. They are also useful to counterbalance the affect of wearing a pony or other redundant system as counter weights can be added to the pouch on the opposite side, helping to prevent rolling.
We offer free standard delivery on orders over £50.
Standard delivery is £3.70 for orders under £50. You will receive your order 2 - 4 days from the date of despatch.
Next Working Day is £6.50.
We hope you will be completely satisfied with any product purchased from Simply Scuba.
However, you can return it for any reason within 28 days from the date of despatch for a full refund (less postage costs).