The Apeks MTX-R Sidemount Regulator Set is made to be tough and ready for any environment. Taken from Apeks' military MTX Regulator which is developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test these regs are extremely robust, durable and are made for the worst conditions that can be thrown at you. Metal parts improve the cold water performance and overall strength of the regulator in a sidemount regulator setup that you could easily adapt into a sidemount configuration with a couple hoses.
The 1st stage is a 5-port swivel turret covered in Heat Exchangers with a Satin Chrome Coating that improve cold water performance and strength. The Swivel Turret lets your hoses route more naturally by allowing them to pivot so your hoses don't kink. The 5th Port adds further flexibility so you can mount hoses straight out one end of the 1st stage, great for DIR twin-set divers and sidemount divers.
The Angled High Pressure Ports are for a more comfortable routing down on singles and twin cylinders so your HP hose doesn't have to bend around the shape of your cylinders.
The MTXR has a robust metal front cover and a crenelated rubber edge for easy access to internal parts. The 2nd Stage has Large Heat Exchange Fins from the inlet warms the valve and gas coming into the 2nd stage, improving cold water performance by reducing the risk of ice build up.
Redesigned from the military the MTX R has a strong Industrial feel to it, made for strength, reliability and performance.
Remember to validate your warranty by visiting the manufacturers warranty registration | website
- A first of its kind, over-moulded first-stage end cap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice build-up that could cause a free flow in extreme circumstances.
- Forged 1st stage body gives maximum thermal performance.
- Ribbed diaphragm clamp on the 1st stage ensures improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Angled HP ports allow for optimal hose routing and transmitter fitting.
- Parallel turret ports allow for improved hose orientation.
- Superb protection from impact damage on both the 1st and 2nd stage.
- Simple to use 2nd stage with no dive adjustment controls and a reduced chance of free flow.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Patented heat exchange surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipating the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test.
- Tested for Octopus use to 60 metres in cold water.
View product manual
- First stage Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
- One piece forged body
- Number of HP ports 2 (7/16" UNF)
- Number of MP ports 5 (3/8" UNF)
- Environmental Dry Kit Standard
- First stage exterior Satin chrome
- Orientation Convertible LH or RH
- Coldwater Use Yes - extreme
- Type of second stage Pneumatically balanced
- Mouthpiece Comfo-bite™
- Exhaust tee Diver Changeable
- Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance Yes
- Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores Avg. 1.75 joules/litre
- Weight approx : 3.45kg