The Atomic Aquatics SS1 Titanium Safe Second
is a BCD inflator with a built-in regulator, so you can use it as an alternate air source in an emergency. The SS1 acts as any normal inflator with an inflate and deflate button to control our buoyancy, but on the end is a purge button like your octo and a mouthpiece so you can breathe from your inflator.Who’s The SS1 For?
The SS1 has a few benefits over a traditional inflator. If you want to build a very lightweight and simple regulator set, the SS1 allows you to leave your octo at home and combine your inflator hose and octo hose into one, saving weight and reducing failure points.
The SS1 is also a good idea for Instructors so they can easily carry three air sources at once so that multiple divers can breathe from a single tank at once. The Titanium metal parts inside keep the SS1 lightweight and corrosion-resistant.Alternative Inflators
Atomic Aquatics also make a more conventional Titanium Ai Inflator (product ID 325683) with the same lightweight and strong Titanium parts as the SS1. The traditional design Ai is also available in a Stainless Steel Ai Inflator (product ID 325682).Features:
- Patented Atomic Titanium Seat Saving Dynamic Orifice prevents wear of the low-pressure seat that extends the service interval and improves reliability
- Titanium lever is the link to your air supply and will never fail due to rust or corrosion
- The SS1 is compatible for EAN mixtures up to 50% Oxygen
- Integrated flexible purge cover allows purge of the regulator when depressed anywhere on the cover surface
- High-flow LP hose & disconnect is interchangeable with many other models yet smaller size and lighter in weight
- Adaptable to a wide variety of BC hoses and sizes. The SS1 can be fitted to virtually any make or model BC. (US Patent No. 6,761,163)
- BC Quick-Disconnect system gives you the option to remove the SS1 from the jacket for transport with your regulator system or use on another BC
- Large oversized and ergonomically-shaped buttons are easy to find for pneumatic or oral inflation/deflation. They are easy to distinguish and faced with soft tactile rubber surfaces
- Low-profile elliptical design allows the body of the SS1 to lie flat against the BC keeping it out of the way and reducing drag
- 2 Year/300 Dive Service Interval