Shearwater have release a firmware upgrade for the Teric dive computer as well as their NERD 2, Petrel, Petrel 2, Perdix, and Perdix AI. One of the best features of modern dive computers is that the manufacturer can offer upgrades on their dive computers that you can install at home for free.
You can download the Shearwater Cloud application program by clicking the link below and heading to Shearwater's website. It's free and works on Android, Apple. Mac and Windows machines.
The Cloud connects to your Shearwater computer via Bluetooth and you can download your dive data as well as update the firmware inside your dive computer. Shearwater are continually testing and upgrading their dive computers and they have the best product testers around, the public, who can find obscure bugs so Shearwater can fix them.
Teric Firmware v11
Early January Shearwater released v11 for all Teric users that fixes a few bugs and improves the Teric in a couple ways but they stress "This is not a major feature release but is recommended for all users to address a few minor issues." So don't worry if you've been diving with yours without this upgrade.
V11 includes these changes but you can read about each of the changes from all of the previous versions from v6 all the way up to v11 in Shearwater's Teric Firware Release Notes.
- Added support for another alternate OLED driver.
- Fixed issue where Freedive mode surface interval was not updated correctly after standby mode.
- Fixed serial number formatting in log opening record and final log record (now matches Petrel formatting).
- Corrected timing issue that could very rarely result in a single erroneous depth sensor reading. This could show as an incorrect maximum depth in the dive log.
The large screen dive computers, NERD 2, Petrel, Petrel 2, Perdix, and Perdix AI, also have a new firmware, separate from the Teric Firmware. The NERD 2, Petrel, Petrel 2, Perdix, and Perdix AI share a common firmware base. Due to hardware differences, not all features are available on all models.
NEW FEATURE (All models)
- Surface GF display
- Log sampling rate can be set to 2, 5, or 10 seconds
- A “Deco Clear” upcounter option
IMPROVEMENT (OC Rec mode only)
- Set customized gradient factors in OC Rec mode.
- Select a 20ft/6m last stop depth in OC Rec mode
CHANGE (All models)
- PPO2 limit options have been changed for OC Tec mode.
- Either button now clears a warning or error.
- Ascent rate calculations changed for higher accuracy.
- Moved the “Dive Log” menu option ahead of the “Start Bluetooth” menu option.
CHANGE (Perdix AI only)
- Reserve pressure can now be set up to 2400 PSI / 165 Bar.
FIX (All models)
- Removed “Reset Average Depth” menu option in non-gauge modes
FIX (Perdix AI only)
- The dive log details view of Start and End pressures and SAC has been adjusted to display the values using the same calculations as on the Teric.