The Apeks Tek3 Regulators are specifically designed for twin sets; each first stage is a one-sided mirror image of the other. Tek3 first stages are made for neater hose routing without excess ports or failure points, combined with the XTX50 which can be reversed too the Tek3 is a great package if you're building a twinset or separated for stage cylinders.
Popular with Tech Divers because of the Apeks heritage, the ability to customise and adapt your set-up and shear ruggedness of regulators that work in all environments. Apeks analysed tech divers and trimmed out any features that were superfluous. The newer 1st stage design is now forged for increased strength and allows for better hose routing.
Left and Right Handed first stages have angled ports that are made to route downward to allow for a streamlined configuration that avoids: snagging, crossing hoses and restricted access to your valves. Each first stage is over-balanced that increases performance at depth so they can deliver more gas at deeper depths if needed..
Pneumatically Balanced second stage results in a smooth easy breathe that is user adjustable at depth. The two stage progressive purge button lets you better control how much gas is purged instead of just open and closed.
Active Microbial Protection on the second stage which actively kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae. Molded parts are impregnated with an additive that kills infective microbes that usually survive well in wet conditions.
Large Venturi Lever operates the pre-dive mechanism that redirects airflow inside a second stage to interrupt a freeflow.
Remember to validate your warranty by visiting the manufacturers warranty registration | website
Outstanding cold water performance (below 10°C / 50°F).
Compatible with EANx40 out of the box.
- Compact, solid forged body with new port positioning.
- Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 1 HP port and 3 MP ports are all angled downward.
- An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination out.
- Maximum working pressure is 300 BAR (4350 psi).
- Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
- The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags etc, then press in the centre for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when regulator clearing etc.
- The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
- Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
- The second stage is manufactured with active protection against infection as all molded parts are produced with an additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
- A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the regulator.
- The Comfo-bite™ mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
- A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water
- Connection DIN only
- Type of first stage Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed
- Body Type Compact, solid forged body
- Number of HP ports 1 (7/16" UNF)
- Number of MP ports 3 (3/8" UNF)
- Environmental Dry Kit Standard
- First stage exterior Chrome over marine brass
- Orientation Convertible LH or RH
- Coldwater Use Yes
- Type of second stage Pneumatically balanced
- Opening Effort Control Knob Yes
- Integrated Venturi Lever Yes
- Mouthpiece Comfo-bite™
- Exhaust tee Diver Changeable - comes with 2 sets
- Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance Yes
- Overall work of breathing (WOB) scores Avg. 0.70 joules/liter
- Nitrox compatible Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box
- 1x LH TEK3 first stage
- 1x RH TEK3 first stage
- 2x XTX50 second stages
- 1x 2 meter hose
- 1x standard length hose
- 1x bungee necklace
Approx weight : 2.3kg
View product manual