Info on the Oceanic Geo 2,0 Dive Computer
The Oceanic Geo 2,0 is a full decompression, watch sized dive computer that supports in dive gas switching between two mixes of up to 100% oxygen, deep stop option, dual algorithm technology, user friendly user menu system and optional pc interface with firmware updates.
The Oceanic Geo 2.0 is full of useful features and functions with four main operating modes; Watch, Norm (air and nitrox), gauge (basic bottom timer functions) and free (free diving function that tracks decompression calculations). Full decompression information, deep stop and safety stop information is displayed on the clear, easy to read display.
What sets the Geo 2.0 apart from the rest is the dual algorithm technology. This feature allows a diver to modify the behavior of the dive computer beyond the standard safety factor changes. The unit has two algorithms built into the firmware that can be switched between depending on the type of diving undertaken, one for repetitive multi-level diving and the other for occasion deep dives that require more bottom time.
- Pelagic DSAT is the decompression model used by most dive computers and also the PADI RDP table. It is perfect for safe, repetitive dives over a variety of depths. This model doesn't penalise divers for profiles that don't conform to the traditional square box profile.
- Pelagic Z+, however, allows divers to safely maximise the bottom time at depth without incurring any penalties.
Both models can be adjusted using a typical conservatism factor which allows the diver to very closely mimic the behavior of other brand dive computers.
The Geo 2.0 is compatible with the optional Oceanlog PC interface, allowing divers to download pervious dive information and profiles. The Oceanlog software also allows divers to update the firmware on the dive computer which may include new features, operational and safety upgrade, new menu systems and updates and general optimisations.
All Oceanic dive computers are covered by a lifetime warranty once registers as long as the unit is taken to an authorised dealer for a battery replacement every 12 months. The battery is supplied free of charge under the warranty just leaving a small labour charge for fitting. The computer will remain under the warranty as long as the annual battery change is completed.To Learn about and how to validate your Oceanic life-time warranty by clicking here.
Download a copy of the Oceanic Geo 2.0 instruction manual here.
- 4 Operating Modes: WATCH (Alternate Time, Chrono, Daily Alarm, Countdown Timer), NORM (Air and Nitrox), GAUGE (with run timer) and FREE (tracks calculations to allow switching between NORM and Free)
- User-Friendly Interface with "Step Back" - allows forward and backward navigation through menus and settings
- Switch between up to 2 Nitrox mixes to 100% O2 with no restriction (Gas 1 may be up to 100%, and may be less or greater than Gas 2)
- Stop times <3 minutes - displays minutes & seconds
- Deep Stop with Countdown Timer - Maybe turned on or off. 2 minute countdown at half your max depth, for dives greater than 80 ft / 25m
- Single button access to "Last Dive" display (max depth & bottom time)
- Data Retention - maintains calculations indefinitely when the battery is changed
- Audible Alarm with flashing LED light
- 24 dive on-unit log book
- History Mode includes total number of dives, max depth, total dive hours, and lowest temp
- Optional PC Interface with OceanLog Download and Settings Upload
- Firmware Auto-Update: download and install the latest firmware - these may be operational improvements or even new features
Colours: Blue, White
- Screen size - approximately 33mm wide x 31mm high