Info on the Mares Abyss 22 Navy Regulator
The Mares Abyss 22 Navy is designed for diving in extreme conditions. The Mares Abyss Navy is fitted with an oil filled cold water environmental seal to prevent cold water or contaminants from interacting with the internal parts of the first stage, significantly reducing the chances of freeflow through ice build up.
The Mares MR22 first stage is a high performance, balanced diaphragm design that reliably delivers a high volume of air to the diver at any cylinder pressure and depth via four low pressure and two high pressure ports. The main body of the first stage has been stripped of all excess metal to lower the overall weight of the regulators.
The Mares Abyss Navy second stage is a full metal design. The thermal properties of metal are far better than plastic which really helps transfer the cold that the compressed air creates the supply pressure is lowered through each stage into the surrounding water. A mesh grid on the front cover helps to protect the diaphragm from the effects of strong currents thta could cause another regulator to start to freeflow. Performance and inhalation resistance are improved by using a bypass tube to deliver air directly to the mouthpiece. This creates a vortex of low pressure inside the second stage behind the diaphragm, helping to draw the diaphragm in and increase air flow.
- All metal technology - high thermal conductivity for cold water diving
- Dynamic Flow Control guarantees a stable flow of air in all extreme conditions
- Tri material valve optimises performance, reliability and safety
- Vortex assisted design has a low pressure centre to make inhaling easier
- Mesh grid reduces the pressure of water flowing onto the second stage so reduces free flow even in strong currents
- Diaphragm first stage
This item cannot be sent outside the EU due to manufacturers restrictions
- First stage weight : INT - 850g, DIN - 666g
- Second stage weight : 269g
- Total weight : INT - 1337g, DIN - 1150g
- Balanced diaphragm first stage design
- Four low pressure ports
- Two high pressure ports
- Full metal body second stage
- Vortex assisted design